Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The One Where I Introduce Myself

Let me make this short and sweet. My name is Garrett Sims and I teach in a 4th grade classroom At Fairview Elementary School in Bellevue, Nebraska (right outside of Omaha). 

I have been teaching since 1995 and teaching 4th grade since 1997. I offer summer classes in Robotics and I started a Science Camp in our district several years ago. During the school year, I coach a competitive robotics team as part of the First Lego League competition. I have 24 students and recently I was selected for the fantastic opportunity to use 1-to-1 iPads with my students this year. 

Last year I worked with Lego Education to work with a new product they were piloting for teachers that are new to the concept of Legos in the classroom. I am also a Teacher Liaison for The Space Foundation in Colorado Spring, Colorado. 

My class website can be found at: thesimssite.weebly.com

I also maintain a Weebly site where teachers can look at other teacher Weebly websites across the world. The link to that is: teacher-sites.weebly.com

My Twitter handle is @GTwitSims and my eMail is garrett.sims@bpsne.net

This blog is going to be dedicated to our experiencing using iPads in the classroom. My experiences are mostly going to revolve around our 1-to-1 model, but from time to time I will be sharing some things we have done with just a single iPad. I Love comments and questions and would be glad to answer them whenever I see them. 

Bottom Line: I hope this Blog is useful to you and can help you with using iPads in your own classroom.


My Family



No comments:

Post a Comment